Canada is ranked as one of the best countries of the world in terms of economical growth, improved healthcare facilities and excellent educational system. The job market in Canada is highly sophisticated and strong and this places the unemployment rate in the country on about 5.5% of its total population.
Working in Canada is quite rewarding and jobs are readily available in the country also employers of labor do not hesitate to recruit new graduates into their workforce. The unemployment rate in Canada is quite very low and this makes the country stand out as one of the most desired country to work and live around the world.
Many students take Canada as the best option for a study abroad destination because jobs are available once you are done worth school, the cost of living is also averagely low and obtaining the work permit as a foreigner do not pose too much stress when compared with other countries around the world.
Top 10 Degrees That Guarantees a Job in Canada
All degrees in Canada are benefiting since jobs are readily available, but there are just some of these university degrees which are known to be more rewarding than others and also tops the list of employers in the workforce. Below, we have endeavored to enumerate the top 10 degrees which can get you your dream job in Canada.
- Engineering: this particular degree contains a lot of career fields that are embedded in one. Some of which are; chemical, civil, electrical, software, mechanical engineering, and so on. The engineering field is very broad and so the demand for graduates of this field is always very high. To get a job in Canada, you need to obtain at least a bachelor’s degree in any of the engineering fields you chose to take on as your career.
- Nursing: due to the increased population in Canada and its improvement in the healthcare facilities, the nursing degree is highly sought after. Most especially, during the pandemic when the world is currently been faced with increase mortality rates, nurses play a very vital role in helping to curb the spread of the disease. To work as a nurse practitioner in any of the healthcare facilities in Canada, you would need to obtain a degree in the nursing field and also get a lot of experience as a registered nurse.
- Medicine: this degree is very broad and would definitely not be out of the labor market anytime soon due to its ever increase in demand. Medicine encompasses different aspects and the most sought after is being a surgeon. To qualify to be a surgeon in Canada, there is a need to complete a compulsory 5-year residency program, an undergraduate and also a postgraduate medical degree is essential.
- Finance: a degree in finance allows on the ability to manage, plan and analyze the various financial aspects of a business or company. A finance degree in Canada allows you to work in a lot of fields such as; a bank manager, security analyst, market research analyst, mortgage broker, and so on.
- Pharmacology: this degree is specifically for those who want to study and achieve a career as a pharmacist. In order to thrive as a pharmacist in Canada, you need to be registered and granted a license of operation by completing an exam with the Pharmacy Examination Board in the country.
- Geoscience: this particular degree is also in high demand in Canada due to its increase in mineral and petroleum exploration in the mining industry. The geoscience degree allows the holder to work in environmental consulting, development of urban projects, petroleum exploration and so on.
- Accounting: a degree in business administration and accounting is a very popular degree and the awareness of its importance to students has greatly increased. There is continuous job availability with accounting degree holders in Canada and this was stated by Canadian Occupational Projection System (COPS).
- Management science: this degree is related to math and statistics and how to apply the theories to real business problems. a degree in management science opens a lot of career paths some of which include; marketing managers, administrative services, management and budget analysts and business analyst.
- Law: a law degree is also ever required and sought after in any country where there are rules and regulations needed to be obeyed. Lawyers are in charge of managing any legal documents, providing legal advice to their clients and carrying out other responsibilities of the law. Pursing a law degree in Canada is certainly a very good choice.
- Computer science: with the tremendous rise in the use of technology and improvements in electronic gadgets, studying computer science is not a bad choice. A computer science degree holder can work as an IT manager who is responsible for all the research and providing technology solutions to the business.